We are pleased to announce that we’re hosting a lunch at YHA Edale on Friday 19th October for the members of the Designated Landscapes Review panel.
Julian Glover, Head of the Government’s review into National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs), will be visiting YHA Edale and the Peak District as part of a fact-finding tour of all National Parks, gathering evidence for the review.
The event at YHA Edale will provide an opportunity for other interested parties involved in access, engagement and recreation in the Peak District to meet Julian and his panel.
YHA and National Parks have a long and strong relationship. Our commitment to improving access to the Great British countryside is reflected by the 61 hostels we have in and around National Parks throughout England and Wales. These are treasured places and crucial to our mission to transform young lives forever through travel and real adventure.
Between 2014 and 2017:
- More than 540,000 young people stayed with YHA in English and Welsh National Parks between 2014 and 2017
- 169,792 young people stayed in the Lake District NP
- 119,561 young people stayed in the Peak District NP
- 62,052 young people stayed in Snowdonia NP
- 51,595 young people stayed in South Downs NP
- 51,500 young people stayed in the North Yorkshire Moors NP
- 30,216 young people stayed in the Yorkshire Dales NP
- 21,668 young people stayed in the Pembrokeshire Coast NP
- 16,212 young people stayed in the Brecon Beacons NP
- 6,681 young people stayed in the New Forest NP
- 6,629 young people stayed in Northumberland NP
- 4,494 young people stayed in Dartmoor NP
- YHA supported 3,351 young people with the cost of their food and accommodation with us, enabling those who would otherwise miss out to access these inspiring landscapes
- 38% of all guests staying in the National Parks with YHA were young people.
We’ll be updating our social media channels throughout the day, so make sure you’re following @YHAOfficial on Twitter for regular updates about the Designated Review.