Share your winter photos and video clips with us
The colder months bring enchanting changes to the season, making it the perfect time to immerse your senses into the natural beauty which surrounds us. Visit beautiful places and discover natural wonders, national treasures, and hidden gems such as our glistening lakes and breath-taking frosty landscapes.
It’s great for our well-being to get closer to nature whatever the weather and whilst out and about, why not capture the glory of winter and share it with us?
At YHA we love a beautiful photo or video clip, so we created the YHA Nature Challenge. We’re looking for photos and videos that capture the beauty and bounty surrounding our beloved hostel network.
We can’t wait to see what you discover when you stay with us…
How do I get involved?
1. It’s really easy. Simply get out your camera or camera phone and take photos or video snippets of the natural wonders, national treasures or hidden gems during your stay. We challenge you to capture photos of:
- Mountains, moors and fells
- The beautiful blanket over our landscapes
- Sunrises. Why not film a timelapse?
- Winter wildlife such as robins, squirrels and deer
- National wonders, including streams, frozen waterfalls and beautiful things you see on your walks
- Our properties. Show us the gardens and grounds in all their glory on crisp mornings
2. Share them with us on your Instagram, Facebook or Twitter and tag us using the hashtags #YHANatureChallenge and #LiveMoreYHA. Or follow us and look out for your posts on our social media channels. We will only be able to see your photos and videos if your social media accounts are public.
3. We’ll be picking our favourites and resharing throughout the coming months across our social media including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, so keep an eye out as you may just see your photo pop up.
We can’t wait to see what our members, visitors, volunteers and employees capture, happy snapping!