It might be the chilliest time of year, but that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun outside. Try our winter scavenger hunt – how many of these things can you do where you are…
- Look for a pinecone. Can you see which tree it fell from?
- Look for a spider’s web. Can you see a spider too?
- Spot a bird flying in the sky. Is it big, or small? Do you know what kind of bird it is?
- Find a holly bush. Feel how smooth the leaves are – and how spiky the prickles are!
- Search for footprints in the ground. Are they human prints, or animal prints
- Listen for the sound of the wind. What kind of noise does it make?
- Spot an animal tunnel. Rabbits, badgers and foxes all live in holes. Do you know what they’re called?
- Deciduous trees lose their leaves or needles in winter. Evergreen trees don’t. Can you find one?
- Is it a snowy day? Try making a snow angel! You can even do it in the frost.
- Get muddy! Try making a mud face on a tree.
Discover more about YHA.